The deadline for entries of the DOT Journalism 2021 competition has been closed, and the jury panel has begun reviewing the submitted works. The jury includes managers from press services of the Coordination Center for TLD .RU/.РФ, RAEC, REG.RU, as well as representatives from ICANN and RIPE NCC international organizations.
This year, over 100 articles, reports and analytical materials about the domain industry and other addressing systems of the internet were submitted and will be awarded in the following seven categories:
- RU/.РФ domain analytics (best analytical material)
- Best article on domains (series of publications by one author)
- Domain events (reports on domain and other relevant events)
- Domains on TV (best television report)
- Regions are everything (best journalistic article from the regional press)
- Beyond .RU (best journalistic article published abroad by the media in Russian)
- REG.RU’s special category
The results of the contest will be announced on December 10. The winners will receive certificates and valuable prizes.
DOT Journalism 2021, the 9th annual contest for journalists writing about domains and other addressing systems of the internet, is being held by the Coordination Center for TLD .RU/.РФ with support of the Russian Association for Electronic Communications (RAEC).
The goal of the contest is to encourage journalists to write articles, analytical materials and reports on the domain industry and key events related to the use of DNS and other internet addressing systems.